Baked sweet potato is typical in autumn and winter, it is even sold in supermarkets already baked. I consider this more of a sweet treat or dessert, and a very healthy one at that, because when baked it is incredibly sweet and oozes dark syrupy caramel but surprisingly it has less calories than regular potato.
Baked sweet potato is usually eaten cold, or room temperature, cut in half and scoop with a spoon! I usually choose sweet potatoes which are similar in size because then they will all take the same amount of time to bake. Obviously the bigger/fatter the sweet potato the longer it will take to bake.
- 3 medium sweet potatoes (1.2kg approx)
- 3 medium sweet potatoes (2½ lbs approx)
- Preheat the oven to 200C
- Wash and pat dry the sweet potatoes
- Place on greaseproof paper and cover with aluminium foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes and proceed to remove the aluminium foil. Return to the oven and bake for a further 30-40 minutes.